STUDY SMARTER + STUDY BETTER
High school students are busy. Between school, sports, music, and other extracurricular activities, it is amazing they can even find time to sleep. Your students are working hard, but are they thriving in school or just barely getting by? Let us help them to use the time they have to work smarter.
Study Buddy was developed to help students develop good study habits, ensuring success in high school.
Students will complete our Study Skills program (four mandatory 2-hour classes which will be held over a two week time period.). The classes are centered around four concepts and their applications:
- Goal setting skills: include understanding oneself and how one learns, and setting learning and personal goals;
- Note taking skills: include reading and listening skills, and learning how to prioritize;
- Time management skills: include breaking down complex tasks, and learning to reflect on one’s own learning, thereby improving executive functioning skills;
- Organization skills: include preparing for tests and test-taking skills, as well as setting up accountability and back up plans.
|OPTIONS DETAIL||OPTION 1||OPTION 2|
|Initial 8-hour Essential Study Skills
+ 2-hour Game Plan for Parents Training
|Purchased as a $1,600,
|Purchased as a $950,
|Weekly Coaching Time||Anytime – flexible schedule||During Study Buddy hours:
Friday (4-8 pm),
Saturday (1-6 pm), or
Sunday (1-6 pm)
|Weekly Coaching Price||$95/hr||$640 for 8-hour bundle|
|Dedicated Coach||Yes||Mostly the same coach for the same hour, but not guaranteed|
Option 1: Personal Custom hours, 1:1
- $1,600 for 10 hours initial, plus $95/hr
- 8-hour Essential Study Skills sessions (4 x 2hr sessions) + 2 hr Game Plan for parents
- You can set your own time avoiding any personal schedule conflicts
- You will be paired up with a dedicated Academic Coach
- Following up sessions are $95/hr.
- Currently available
Option 2: Study Buddy – Weekend Only, 1:1
- $950 for 10 hours initial, plus purchase 8-hour plan at $640.00 (If you commit a minimum of 8 hours per month for the whole academic year, the tuition will be $600/mo.)
- Sessions on Friday (4-8 pm), Saturday (1-6 pm), or Sunday (1-6 pm).
- It will start with Essential Study Skills and Game Plan for parents. The following up sessions will be based on the individual needs of the students.
- Available starting August 2019 or by appointment only prior to August
Course of Study
After the Study Skills (initial) classes, students will continue working with our Academic Coaches once a week who will support them refine their study skills and integrate them into actual school assignments. These accountability and support sessions can be done live or online, depending on family preference. Students will appreciate the gains they will notice in school, specifically in their quiz and test scores. They will be more efficient with their time and be more organized throughout. The goal of Study Buddy is to allow students to take ownership of their learning as they progress through high school and onto college; studying will become second nature.
Just as learning to walk is a process, learning how to study effectively takes time as well. For maximum benefit, we suggest that students register for the duration of the semester (through final exams). A parent training session will be held along with the Study Skills class so parents can learn how to support their students at home. Additionally, we will set up any tools that might be needed (e.g., Google Calendar) to help communicate and provide accountability for students. Parent conferences will be held at 4-6 weeks and at the end of the semester. Our goal is for each student to master the study skills within a semester; however, students are welcomed to continue coming to the study sessions for additional help and reinforcement of study skills.